Routine Dental Check-ups
A famous saying “prevention is better than cure”
Regular dental check-up is an important preventive measure to keeps teeth and gums healthy. It is also one of the most cost-effective and pain-free dental procedures. A check-up for every 6 months or as recommended as one can pick up potential dental issues relatively early.
Quick facts about a regular dental check-up
- Regular dental visits are important because they help to keep teeth and gums healthy.
- During the dental check-up, dental professionals will check overall oral health.
- During the cleaning, the expert will remove any plaque and may polish your teeth.
- You should have a regular dental visit at least twice a year or as recommended by a professional.
Why a dental check-up is important?
These are a few reasons why dental check-ups are important:
- Dental Check-ups Prevent Plaque, Tartar, Cavities And Tooth Decay
The dentist will examine the patient’s teeth to look for early signs of tooth decay and gums problem. If the dentist finds small cavities on the teeth, they will start the patient on fluoride treatment to reverse the decay and treat larger cavities with dental fillings.
- Dentists Use Routine Check-ups To Check For Oral Cancer
The dentist uses a special light to look for dead tissue caused by tumours. It is painless and only takes a minute or two. With this exam, a patient who visits the dentist every six months has little chance of developing late-stage oral cancer.
- Routine Dental Visits Keep Gum Disease At Bay
During a routine check-up, the dentist will make sure that the gums are firm. They will check for swelling, receding gums and deep gum pockets. If the dentist finds any of these worrying symptoms, they will treat the underlying cause.