What is Periodontics ?
Periodontics is the dental specialty focusing exclusively on the inflammatory disease of Gums and related tissues that destroys the gums and other supporting structures around the teeth. A Periodontist specializes in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of periodontal or gum disease. They also help you manage signs of advancing gum problems like oral inflammation.
Services Offered By Periodontist:
- Non-surgical gum therapies like Ultrasonic Scaling, curettage, local drug deliveryetc.
- Gum surgeries and all types of esthetic surgeries including gingivectomy, gingivoplasty, treatment of gum enlargement, periodontal flap and plastic surgeries, i.e. recession coverage, lateral pedical graft, free gingival graft etc.
- Esthetic smile enhancing procedure
- Reconstruction flap surgeries using bone graft materials and GTR membranes
- Preventive Cleanings and Therapeutic Cleanings
Why Periodontics Treatment is used ?
The benefits of Periodontics treatment can include:
- Pain relief
- Improved cardiovascular health
- Fresh breath
- Save from complications of gum diseases