What is Dental Implant ?
A dental implant is a structure that replaces a missing tooth. It is a surgical procedure where the jawbone is allowed to fuse with the bone. A dental implant is needed for those who have lost at least one or more teeth and can even replace dentures with implants.
A device called an abutment connects the artificial tooth to the dental implants.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Dental Implants are more natural and comfortable.
- Dental Implants have a higher success rate.
- Dental Implants lead to a lower risk of cavities developing in nearby teeth.
- Dental Implants lead to better maintenance of bone at the site of the lost tooth.
- Dental Implants cause decreased sensitivity in nearby teeth.